Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Rebirth!

Well, here I am again.

I just couldn't stay away. I tried to go Wordpress and the lack of free customizability just ate at me because I like my online things pretty & simple and Wordpress provided me neither. I shed the idea of wanting to live my life without being permanently tracked by Google and decided that, despite my ever-growing fear of Big Brother, Blogger is where I needed to be. I permanently deleted my old Google account a while back so now I can start fresh & clean here. Sorry, pro-Wordpress friends. Maybe in the future if I come into some money I could afford to go premium there so my blog won't look like some embarrassing stain. I want to be proud of this place!

Nowadays we all have so many different social apps & places of our own on the internet that it can be overwhelming. I just want my little corners of the internet to be a little more concise & organized. An internet home rather than a string of internet apartments, if you see what I mean.

I have more than a couple of ideas for this place. As a lifestyle blog it will have many different areas, many of which I am currently brainstorming. I get to use pen & paper for this process and that excites me more than it probably should.

My long-term plan is to open up an etsy shop to sell some fun cross stitch & embroidery pieces I am working on. This idea is in the very beginning stages of planning and as a hardcore perfectionist it could be a while before they see the light of day. But I'm hopeful that even if it's not particularly lucrative it will at the very least be a fun, creative outlet. I have felt the creative part of me grow stagnant recently and I just can't have that.

Here's to new beginnings & never being too cool for anything!




No comments:

Post a Comment